Ever since I added the Reliance Jio 4G SIM on my Android telephone, I’ve been bombarded with fullscreen overlay adverts. The adverts seem intermittently however they’ll virtually at all times present up after you disconnect a telephone name or when you find yourself charging the system.
I take advantage of a restricted variety of Android apps from identified builders and was pretty sure that adware was associated to the Jio telephone service. After fidgeting with each doable setting inside Android to disable the adverts, I turned to Twitter for assist.
You’ll be able to learn the whole Twitter thread or right here’s a shortly abstract:
- Uninstall MyJio, Jio 4G Voice and all different Jio apps.
- Revoke all permissions of Jio apps. Lengthy press the app icon, press the data button, go to App Permission and uncheck every little thing. Additionally flip off the “draw over the apps” permission for Jio apps.
- For Android Oreo or later, go to Settings > Apps > MyJio and switch off the “App can seem on high” setting. You most likely want to do that for each Jio app on the system.
- Root the telephone and set up AdAway, an advert block that makes use of the hosts file to dam particular hostnames and IP addresses.
- Use Greenify to hibernate all of the Jio apps and stop the app from operating within the background.
- Disable ‘Phone’ entry for all Jio apps. Even Jio Mags has default entry to ‘Phone’!
- Toggle background information to disable information entry for all Jio associated apps.
Sadly, none of those strategies labored.
In the meantime, the Jio staff contacted me after seeing the tweet and requested for the IMEI variety of the telephone. Every week later, I obtained a name from the Jio assist staff saying that the issue must be resolved.
Sure, I used to be not getting any pop-up adverts on my telephone regardless of having all of the Jio apps as earlier than. What modified? It turned out, the Jio assist consultant advised me, that these adverts can solely be disabled by Jio for the requested telephone quantity on the server aspect.
Briefly, if you’re additionally feeling irritated with Jio associated adverts in your telephone, ship a tweet to @JioCare and they need to have the ability to assist. This additionally jogs my memory of Amazon – simply ping their assist staff and so they’ll fortunately take away adverts out of your Kindle.