SUU Nursing Program admission is aggressive and based mostly on overview of all software supplies. To be eligible for Nursing Admission college students will need to have:
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of three.0 on a 4.0 scale.**
- A cumulative GPA of three.0 on a 4.0 scale on all “Required Help Programs” with no course grade lower than a C (C- will not be acceptable).**
- Completion of the Diploma Necessities together with Basic Schooling Core and Required Help Programs or a most of 18 pre-requisite credit left to finish (acceptance will probably be contingent on the profitable completion of any remaining course necessities).
** As admission is aggressive, the GPA of the candidates admitted is often considerably larger than the minimal 3.0 required.
As soon as the above standards have been met, you might submit the next info to the Division of Nursing Administrative Assistant, Vikki Robertson:
- You’ll want to submit an entire and SIGNED software. Incomplete or unsigned purposes will NOT be thought of for admission to the Nursing Program! (see cowl letter of software).
- Accomplished “Division of Nursing Advisement Sheet” signed by applicant and SUU tutorial adviser. Seek the advice of with SUU, Faculty of Well being Sciences, Scholar Success Advisor previous to submitting your software.
- Receipt for the $40.00 Nursing Utility Processing Price.
- One (1) transcript (unofficial is suitable) from EACH group faculty, faculty, and college you’ve gotten attended (this consists of SUU transcripts).
- Accomplished Bulleted Record.
- Accomplished Essay’s.
- Three (3) letters of advice in sealed, signed envelopes or famous that the evaluator is mailing suggestion. It’s the software/scholar accountability to ensure all three (3) suggestions are obtained by the Division of Nursing by the applying deadline date. Be aware, college students can now reuse letter of advice(s) from earlier purposes.
- Signed Purposeful Requirement for Scholar Success Kind.
- Non-SUU College students have submitted an SUU software to the Workplace of Admissions, with all required documentation and costs.
Pre-Licensure purposes should be submitted to the Division of Nursing ON or BEFORE 12:00 PM, September 2, 2022, to be thought of for the Spring 2023 semester (Purposes obtained after this deadline will NOT be thought of for admission to this system). Candidates are notified of the committees’ resolution by mail, late October.
Please word: it’s required that you just meet with a SUU Scholar Success Advisor previous to submitting your software. An appointment to finish the Nursing Utility Advisement Sheet have to be made at least one week previous to the applying deadline date.
To assist you within the admissions course of, Ms. Vikki Robertson, SUU Division of Nursing is accessible to reply any questions you might have regarding the Nursing Program. She will be reached at [email protected]. If in case you have questions concerning switch credit or advisement, please contact one of many Scholar Success Advisors; contact info is accessible at (435) 586-5420 or https://www.suu.edu/advising/chs-advisors.html.
Pre-Licensure Utility – Spring 2023 (DUE: on or earlier than 12:00 PM, September 2, 2022)
Pre-Licensure Utility Admission Level System
Well being Skilled to BSN Utility – 2023 (DUE: on or earlier than 12:00 PM, December 2, 2022). Coming Quickly
Letter of Advice Kind (to e-mail to the recommender, if desired)
Utility Processing Price Deposit Slip
Utility OnLine Fee Choice
In step with the U.S. Division of Schooling (USDE) Regulation 34 CFR 6687.43(a) (5) (v) concerning Skilled Licensure Packages, SUU Nursing states the next:
The SUU PreLicensure and LPN to BSN applications qualify college students for licensure in all fifty states. Extra detailed nursing licensure info for each state is accessible right here: NCSBN Board of Nursing Skilled Licensure Necessities.
|SUU Nursing:||States for which the SUU Nursing Program meets Instructional necessities for skilled licensure:||States for which the SUU Nursing Program doesn’t meet Instructional necessities for skilled licensure:||States for which the SUU Nursing Program the place no dedication has been made of Instructional necessities for skilled licensure:|
|PreLicensure &LPN to BSN||All fifty States||N/A||N/A|
The RN to BSN is a post-licensure program and doesn’t have an effect on any licensing necessities.
Go to the SUU Provost web site for detailed Southern Utah College info: State Authorizations for Skilled Licensure.