Efficient Fall 2020, if you’re accepted into the nursing program, you’ll be required to return on-campus through the second eight weeks of the semester PRIOR to starting nursing coursework to take NS271 – Fundamentals of Nursing: Ideas, Processes, & Follow (3 cr hrs). This core class is required for all college students who’re accepted into the nursing program and have to be accomplished previous to starting some other nursing lecture or medical programs (NS or NC).
TRANSFER STUDENTS: All switch college students should meet with a pre-nursing educational advisor previous to making use of to the nursing program to find out how your credit, AA, or AAT will apply. In case you are transferring from an out-of-state establishment with an AA or AAT diploma, additionally, you will be required to finish PS220 – Missouri Authorities (1 cr hr) previous to starting the nursing coursework.
For Fall Admission – February 15
For Spring Admission – September 15
You need to learn all directions and meet all standards earlier than finishing an utility.
Click on the hyperlink for the suitable utility kind.
BSN Software Kind
1. First ensure you are eligible to use. You might be eligible provided that all of the next standards are met:
- You could have utilized and been admitted to Southeast Missouri State College having met all admission and development necessities as outlined within the present college “Bulletin” – Switch college students are strongly inspired to schedule an appointment with a pre-nursing educational advisor instantly following admission to the college to find out whether or not further basic research programs are obligatory. It’s crucial that each one college students planning to use to the nursing program work carefully with the pre-nursing educational advisors
- You could have a cumulative faculty GPA of at the least 2.8 primarily based on a 4.0 scale – Yow will discover your cumulative GPA on the high of your Diploma Works
- You could have accomplished at the least 45 credit score hours from the nursing curriculum discovered on the Diploma Map and are on schedule to finish a complete of 58 hours previous to starting any nursing coursework – Once more, this data is situated in your Diploma Works
- You could have three of the 4 required sciences accomplished and the fourth in progress on the time you submit your utility
- You could have all your basic research, pre-requisite programs, and electives both accomplished or in progress on the time you submit your utility and also you perceive that dropping any of the programs for which you’re at present enrolled will trigger you to change into ineligible
- You could have a grade of C or greater in:
Anatomy & Physiology I w/Lab (BS113/013)
Anatomy & Physiology II w/Lab (BS114/014)
Microbiology (BS240 or BI200)
Human Development & Growth Throughout the Lifespan (PY220)
Human Vitamin (FN235)
Logical Techniques/Statistics (MA155)
Written Expressions (EN140)
- Switch college students can discover course equivalencies – Use your Southeast ID and password to create an account
- TO DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY TO THE NURSING PROGRAM AND TO TAKE THE HESI EXAM, YOU MUST MEET WITH A PRE-NURSING ACADEMIC ADVISOR. You’ll be able to schedule an appointment by calling 573-651-2007 or stopping by Room 057 or Educational Corridor.
2. Register for and take the pre-Admission examination. Don’t register for the HESI Examination till you’re positive you’re eligible to use to the nursing program.
- For directions on the right way to register for the HESI-A2 Pre-Admission Examination (Southeast Model) with Vital Pondering Abilities Part, contact the pre-nursing advisors by calling 573-651-2007 or go to room 057 in Educational Corridor. Observe the directions they provide you very fastidiously.
- Inside 2 weeks of registration and cost for the HESI, you’ll be added to a Pre-Nursing Canvas web page by the nursing division. From the Pre-Nursing Canvas web page it is possible for you to to decide on your most well-liked take a look at date to register for an allotted testing date. PLEASE NOTE: As soon as you’re added to the Pre-Nursing Canvas web page, the Pre-Nursing Course shall be out there in your Canvas Desktop. Please permit as much as 14 days AFTER you will have registered with Elsevier and paid to your HESI examination to have the ability to entry the Pre-Nursing Canvas web page.
3. Full and add your nursing utility to the Canvas website
- You’ll be able to obtain the nursing utility by clicking the hyperlink on the high of this web page entitled BSN Software Kind. Learn by means of all directions once more fastidiously. The applying is a fillable PDF file that have to be accomplished, signed, and submitted to the Nursing Software DropBox within the Pre-Nursing Canvas web page. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THE NURSING OFFICE.
- Necessary Data – In case you are a switch scholar or a scholar with a earlier affiliate’s or bachelor’s diploma, please see Merchandise #7
4. Choice course of for provisional admission relies on the next standards:
- 60% weight is given to the composite rating on the HESI-A2 examination
- 25% weight is given to the coed’s total faculty GPA
- 15% weight is given to the crucial considering rating on the HESI-A2 examination, which isn’t a part of the composite rating
- You will need to be aware that full admission to the nursing program is contingent upon profitable completion of all coursework within the pre-nursing curriculum, together with programs at present in progress, with a grade of C or greater within the programs listed above in Merchandise #1
5. Southeast Pupil ID, e mail, and mailing tackle
- Your Southeast Pupil ID#, Southeast e mail tackle, and everlasting/dwelling mailing tackle have to be included on the applying
- All digital communication shall be finished through your Southeast e mail tackle. Any written correspondence shall be directed to your private tackle
- It’s your accountability to inform each the college and the Division of Nursing if any of your contact data adjustments, together with your mailing tackle or cellphone quantity
6. Lapse in Attendance
- Ought to there be a lapse in attendance at Southeast for a semester or longer, you will need to full a returning scholar kind discovered on the Admissions web site at semo.edu/admissions
7. Switch college students and college students with a earlier affiliate’s or bachelor’s diploma
- All switch college students and people with a earlier diploma should schedule an appointment with a pre-nursing educational advisor instantly following admission to the College. Name (573) 651-2007 or go to Educational Corridor Room 057 to schedule your advising appointment.
- You need to embrace unofficial copies of all different faculty transcripts in addition to a replica of your present course schedule if you’re registered in courses elsewhere through the utility course of. Transcripts must be scanned and uploaded to the Moodle web page along with your utility to the nursing program. Switch and additional-degree functions with out these paperwork is not going to be processed
8. Non-English-speaking Pupil Coverage
- Any scholar wishing to declare nursing as a significant or apply to the nursing program whose native language is just not English is required to take the TOEFL iBT examination. The TOEFL iBT rating can’t be greater than two years outdated. Minimal scores for admission are a cumulative rating of 100 and never lower than 20 on particular person scores for talking, writing, studying, and listening.