In simply over two months, the Class of 2025 will descend upon the College of Denver campus. The residence halls will return to full capability as roughly 1,650 first-year college students come to DU from all over the world.
The employees and admission counselors from Undergraduate Admission have labored diligently over the previous yr to guage functions from greater than 22,000 potential college students, spending a number of months evaluating every applicant to make sure that DU admits the correct mix of scholars.
Listed below are a number of the traits of this fall’s incoming class:
- The category has a median highschool GPA of three.71, ACT rating of 29.14 and SAT rating of 1286.
- 57% utilized through DU’s test-optional course of, the second yr DU has provided this chance. This represents a 34% enhance over final yr due largely to check cancelations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 70% of scholars are coming from outdoors of Colorado, and all 50 states are represented.
- College students will likely be coming from 41 totally different international locations.
- 28% are college students of colour.
- First-generation college students will account for 16% of the incoming class.
- The category contains 11 Boettcher Students and 11 Daniels Fund recipients.
- About 170 switch college students will begin at DU this fall.