The Division of Chemistry on the College of Southern California is all the time on the lookout for motivated college students to affix our Ph.D. program. We now have no utility payment, don’t require topic or normal GRE, and infrequently supply early admission and university-sponsored fellowships to certified candidates. Apply early!
For additional data, please contact our graduate advisor Magnolia Benitez: Tel – (213) 740-6855; Electronic mail – [email protected]
DO NOT full the applying with the Workplace of Graduate and Worldwide Admissions (by means of gradadm.usc.edu) till you might be instructed to take action.
As a substitute apply to the PhD program straight by finishing the Chemistry Division On-line Software.
Software opens: September 30, 2021
Software deadline: The deadline for submission of functions is December 31, 2021. All functions should be completely accomplished by this date, together with letters of advice and transcripts
You have to to organize the next:
- Transcripts: You’ll add a PDF of your transcripts from all universities that you’ve attended. You’ll not mail your official transcripts to USC till you might be accepted to this system.
- Earlier Analysis Expertise (2 pages most): Within the subject supplied or in an uploaded PDF, describe your earlier analysis expertise. State the big-picture objectives of your analysis, in addition to your particular function, and any main accomplishments. For every analysis expertise, embody the corresponding college or school and school mentor. Conclude this part with a bullet-point record of any of your publications and/or displays.
- Analysis Pursuits (1 web page most): Within the subject supplied or in an uploaded PDF, describe the kind of analysis that you’re serious about pursuing throughout graduate faculty and why you have an interest on this class of analysis. Clarify why you assume USC Chemistry is an efficient match to your analysis pursuits and describe which school you assume aligns with these pursuits and why. In your analysis curiosity assertion, please point out at the least 3 names of USC Chemistry school that you’re serious about.
- Private Assertion (2 pages most): Present a private assertion describing your causes for attending graduate faculty in chemistry, why you assume your background qualifies you for pursuing graduate research, and your profession objectives. You may as well embody right here any extra data that you could be need to convey to the admissions committee.
- Recommender Contact Info: Within the subject indicated, enter the e-mail addresses of three mentors who can present letters of assist. The admissions committee will e mail them straight with directions for importing the letter. We don’t settle for mailed advice letters. See the FAQs web page for extra data.
- Worldwide College students Solely: TOEFL or IELTS Rating Report: In case your undergraduate diploma is from a non-English talking nation, you could submit a TOEFL or IELTS Rating. You do not want to mail your official TOEFL or IELTS scores to USC till you might be accepted to this system. There isn’t a minimal TOEFL or IELTS rating requirement.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae: Add a present resume/CV to the applying.
You might be welcome to e mail Division of Chemistry school whose analysis pursuits you. Nevertheless, remember the fact that admissions choices will not be based mostly on which professors have area of their lab. School advisors are chosen through the first yr of graduate research and never previous to admission.