The previous yr has fairly actually passed by in a blitz. With the Covid-19 lockdown protecting everybody indoors, places of work shut and most significantly theatres shut, the movie business has been by a tumultuous time. On this 3-part collection, Bollywood Hungama takes a retrospective have a look at among the movies since 2001 which have made an affect not solely on the field workplace window but in addition in theatres. Just about their crown pulling skills, listed below are the High 10 crowd-pullers from 2001 to 2010 which have clocked the best footfalls (ticket gross sales).1
Field Workplace Footfalls 2001-2010: High 10 Bollywood crowd-pullers from 2001 to 2010 which have clocked the best footfalls
1. Gadar – Ek Prem Katha (2001) – 50.5 million: The Anil Sharma directorial that tells of a love story set in 1947 featured Sunny Deol as Tara Singh a truck driver who falls in love with Amisha Patel’s character Sakina, a Muslim woman belonging to an aristocratic household. The movie revolved round two people, belonging to totally different religions, who fall in love with one another and the hardships they face earlier than they return to their roots. Launch in 2001 the movie went on to turn into one of the crucial iconic Bollywood movies of current instances. Declared an all-time blockbuster Gadar – Ek Prem Katha noticed a staggering 50.5 million footfalls with a field workplace assortment of Rs. 76.88 cr.
2. 3 Idiots (2009) – 31.78 million: The Aamir Khan starrer 3 Idiots directed by Rajkumar Hirani may simply be one of the crucial memorable movies previously 20 years. Launched in 2009 the movie struck a chord with college students, dad and mom and people within the schooling occupation making it one of the crucial watched motion pictures. Additionally starring Kareena Kapoor Khan, R. Madhavan, Sharman Joshi and Boman Irani the movie carried a strong message concerning the schooling system that was welcomed not solely by the home viewers, however abroad as nicely. With 31.78 million footfalls being recorded over its theatrical run 3 Idiots which ran for over ten weeks raked in a large Rs. 202.95 cr. on the home field workplace.
3. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001) – 31.17 million: Karan Johar’s epic directorial that has turn into the epitome of household drama movies is remembered even immediately. Its catchy theme tune, and naturally star studded solid (Amitabh Bachchan, Kajol, Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor) went a good distance in making the movie a cult traditional. Finishing 20 years of its launch not too long ago Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham ranks because the third highest footfall aggregator between 2001-2010 with a field workplace assortment of Rs. 55.65 cr.
4. Dabangg (2010) – 25.08 million: The Salman Khan starrer Dabangg that launched in 2010 gave rise to the pattern of cop movie. A proverbial masala entertainer the movie directed by Abhinav Kashyap additionally featured Sonakshi Sinha, who made her debut with the enterprise. Launched in 2010 Dabangg took ahead style of Bollywood masala entertainer and proved that such movies might be paisa vasool entertainer. Witnessing 25.08 million footfalls in 2010 Dabangg raked in Rs. 138.88 cr. on the field workplace.
5. Ghajini (2008) – 24.01 million: A movie which began off the pattern of remaking South movie was the AR Murugadoss directed Aamir Khan starrer Ghajini. A remake of the 2005 Tamil movie by the identical identify, Ghajini that featured motion, drama and revenge quick turned an viewers favorite, recording 24.01 million footfalls. In actual fact, the movie additionally turned one of many highest grossing Bollywood releases, raking in Rs. 114 cr. Curiously, Ghajini may be credited because the movie which gave rise to the Rs. 100 cr. membership that has turn into an ordinary measure of a movie’s success immediately.
6. Dhoom 2 (2006) – 21.55 million: The second instalment within the Dhoom franchise, Dhoom 2 like its pressor promised excessive octane motion and stunt. In fact the movie lived as much as the hype amassing Rs. 81.01 cr. throughout its theatrical run. Starring Abhishek Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Uday Chopra the movie clocked a large 21.55 million in footfalls.
7. Devdas (2002) – 20.55 million: The enduring Shah Rukh Khan-Aishwarya Rai-Madhuri Dixit starrer Devdas that launched in 2002 continues to be remembered even immediately. Directed by none apart from Sanjay Leela Bhansali the movie managed to gather Rs. 41.66 cr. Although a far cry from immediately’s Rs. 100 cr. grossers the movie has since gone on to turn into one of many cult classics of Indian cinema. In actual fact, throughout its run, Devdas managed to document a staggering 20.55 million footfalls in theatres.
8. Krrish (2006) – 19.61 million: The Hrithik Roshan – Priyanka Chopra starrer Krrish which might simply be termed as India’s first full-fledged tremendous hero movie took the viewers by storm. Launched in 2006 the movie raked in Rs. 74.16 cr. on the field workplace whereas additionally recording 19.61 million footfalls in theatres.
9. Koi Mil Gaya (2003) – 19.43 million: Mentioned to be a predecessor to Krrish was the movie Koi Mil Gaya that featured Hrithik Roshan and Preity Zinta. Launched in 2003 the movie collected Rs. 47.20 cr. with 19.43 million footfalls throughout its run.
10. Lagaan (2001) – 19.39 million: The Aamir Khan starrer Lagaan which is by far one of many lengthiest movies, launched in 2001. Directed by Ashutosh Gowariker the movie is immediately considered the most effective function movies to have launched. Clocking 19.39 million footfalls in theatres, Lagaan had managed to gather Rs. 34.31 cr. throughout its theatrical run.
Extra Pages: Devdas Field Workplace Assortment , Devdas Film Evaluate
BOLLYWOOD NEWS – LIVE UPDATES
Catch us for up to date Bollywood Information, New Bollywood Films replace, Field workplace assortment, New Films Launch , Bollywood Information Hindi, Leisure Information, Bollywood Stay Information At the moment & upcoming motion pictures 2022 and keep up to date with newest hindi motion pictures solely on Bollywood Hungama.